A top ten choice for upcoming countries in software development and system maintenance, Portugal is only a two-three hour flight from most European cities. If you are looking for a highly skilled team in UX design, Java, .NET, Mobile, Mainframe or Infrastructure combined with a deep understanding of Western European business, then our Lisbon location may be the perfect choice. Portugal is part of the European Union and is therefore a natural choice for companies whose software development or operation is governed by the EU data protection directive.
The top 10 reasons we chose Portugal as Nearshore location are:
- Good stable infrastructure, Governance, IP protection, and EU location.
- It is the new tech Hub in Europe.
- Gartner short listed Portugal as one of the developed market locations for IT Outsourcing
- High number of skilled SW developers available in the market - and they can be headhunted to work for our clients
- Home of the largest tech conference in the world.
- Qualified talent pool. Many strong IT Universities with long tradition and Code Schools, adding 5-6000 IT graduates yearly.
- Good English skills - especially within IT sector. As relatively small and international/open country, Portuguese people are accustomed to speaking English.
- Direct flights from main European cities and in similar Time zone.
- Nice location for stakeholders to visit : in order to have a strong Onshore/Nearshore cooperation, stakeholders need to travel regularly to the Nearshore location, and they should desire to travel there, instead of seeing it as a burden. Only in this way can a strong long term cooperation between HQ and Nearshore be created. Portugal is a very nice place to visit.
Avenida Liberdade 36, Piso 5,
1250-147 Lisboa, Portugal
+351 932 131 960